When served without the oil and breadcrumbs, Calamari is a low-fat source of protein and essential omega 3 fatty acids that dogs love.
New Zealand export-quality Calamari is hand-cut and snap freeze dried, preserving the natural seafood texture and shape of Calamari rings and tentacles.
Just like with humans, Calamari is a crowd-pleaser. We first chose it because our own dogs were obsessed with it - and the dogs of New Zealand have agreed.
At only 8% fat our Wild Caught Calamari is a low-fat treat with high reward value - great for small dogs (and big ones too of course!)
Not for human consumption. Sorry
Calamari is a natural source of omega 3 fatty acids, supporting skin, coat and joint health
- Contains zinc for immunity, potassium for healthy hearts, vitamin B12 for nervous system and brain function, and copper for iron absorption
- High in protein (80%) and low in fat (8%)
- 100% Calamari meat ( Nototodarus spp, N.gouldi, N.sloanii / Arrow Squid)
- Sourced, prepared, freeze-dried and packaged to human food grade standards
No additives or preservatives
Gluten free, dairy free, and grain free dog treats (it’s just squid)
Pet treats are intended for supplement feeding only. We recommend 1 large or a few small rings and things per day
- Gourmate Pet Treat Co. Wild Caught Calamari may be suitable for dogs on a low calorie or low fat diet (including due to pancreatitis), but please always follow advice from your vet
- Freeze-drying removes the moisture from raw food to preserve it. Freeze-dried calamari may be included as part of a BARF or raw diet
Sustainability & Environment
- Proudly New Zealand sourced, made, and owned
- Here for a good time not a long time, New Zealand Arrow Squid are a more sustainable seafood choice